Now that the downstairs floor is done, the floodgates have opened
- Media room: Ty helped me return the couches from the upstairs. I affixed surround speaker mounts to the walls and tonight added some extender cables so there weren't wires in awkward places. The next step will be to change them to coax for a safer journey from the amp.
- Downstairs bedroom: It's slated for rental, but couldn't be until the floor was taken care of. This needs touch up paint and moulding, but it's close.
- Downstairs bathroom: Everything came out for the grinder. Sunday I primered and painted. I trimmed the walls and shower today, so now it's time to find a pedestal sink. I'm thinking maybe I can snag something from Dixieline that isn't horribly overpriced.
- Downstairs hallway: This could use a layer of paint, but the task isn't quite as small as the bathroom.
- Garage: Now that I'm not avoiding pools of drying epoxy, I can rededicate the car hold for vehicles and saws while the side room becomes storage once again. I'm thinking dark red walls in the garage, but leave the ceiling white. I snagged a couple sample colors and will be looking into that one. A big, awesome workbench is in the near future, but more immediatley I have to find a shelf to hold the sound system which as been pretty clutch so far.
I didn't have hot water for a couple days. The pilot went out
, it would relight with the manual override button pressed but would wink out as soon as it was released. The internet said the termocouple was the likely culprit, it shuts off the gas when the pilot is cold for obvious reasons. I was happy to hear Depot carried Honeywell universal thermocouples.
I called a repairman. He walked out five minutes later with the burner working and an empty generic thermocouple package in the trash. Stuff you
, Honeywell, and your unnecessarily long 'universal' thermocouple that produces signal below my valve's threshold.
My blurry faced friend dropped by with his kid
A couple fun one liners:
For some reason I'm attracted to bikes.
I love it when you take hallucinogens and help me pick fruit.
Anticipation is high for:
- Fast and Furious, released Friday, its first installment still tops the leaderboard. Obtw, even though the post is backdated, I just published the reviews of Gumball, Ronin, 2F2F, FFTD, DR2000, and Movin Too Fast. There are a couple flashes of brilliance in those reviews, not so much in the movies.
- I finally remembered to replace the propane.
- Connie bought lots and lots of Settlers of Catan.
- The White Lambda may return. This time, it could be personal.